Out of Retirement

Go down

Out of Retirement

Post  Connoly on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm

'Candence to Arms' by Dropkick Murphys hits the arena loudspeakers, after a few moments a man walks out onto the stage. He is wearing a green plaid kilt, a white t-shirt, black and green wrestling boots, and a long black coat. He has large thick chop side burns, and red hair, at closer examination you can see several white hairs in his hair. The parts of his body that are exposed are covered with scars and wounds. He stops at the top of the ramp and his cold eyes scan the arena. Several fans in the arena recognize the wrestler and there is a mix of boo's and cheers. As the boos begin to grow louder the man starts to smile as he makes his way to the ring. He climbs into the ring and walks to the center of the ring, closes his eyes, leans his head back and stretches his arms out to his side, some of the fans are cheering, some clearly do not know who he is, and the rest are loudly booing.

Connoly: "Well, I'm glad to see that some of you remember me, and judging from the boo's, you remember me well."

Connoly pauses and smiles as the boo's start up again around the arena.

Connoly: "10 years ago I retired from this business, 10 long years ago, with the intention of never coming back. Even though I was only 38, my body felt like it was at least 80, I hurt every where all the time, and not just aches and pains my friends, I mean excruciating pain, the type of pain that would make most off you cry like little girls before passing out. I decided to finally let my body heal, you see I had been going non stop for damn near 25 years. It didn't matter what happened, I still came to this ring for every match. I have wrestled with cuts, bruises, stitches, pulled muscles, ripped muscles and tendons, broken bones, concussions, you name it, none of it stopped me. Sure there were a few injuries that sidelined me for a few weeks, but that was it, otherwise I was in this ring. So I decided to hang it up so my body could finally heal."

"Well, 20 years of non stop abuse apparently takes quite a toll, because the pain never got better, actually it got worse. To make matter worse I would occasionally turn on my tv to whatever wrestling show happened top be on, and I would want to puke. The shows were awful, horrible wrestlers, horrible matches, horrible promos, horrible everything, a pile of crap. I've been in matches that lasted an hour or more, now you're lucky to see one last 10 minutes. On top of that most of the wrestlers look like they have trained a total of 5 minutes, they look horrible in the ring. There was a time you had to pay your dues in this business, wrestle and train for years, master your art, and then maybe you would make it into a big time fed. Now apparently all you need is a pair of tights and you're in. Now don't get me wrong, there are some amazing talent in this business right now, but half of them get buried, you never see them, because they don't have the right look. On top of that, you never see any blood, if I had a match where my opponent and myself weren't covered in blood, then it was a bad match."

"The worst thing though, the final nail in the coffin, was seeing the jokes who were wearing the world titles, the top belts, the main eventers. Seeing these no talent slags wearing a world heavyweight championship when I have never won one, well that was the end. I've been a main eventer, and I've had tons of titles, but I was never the top guy, I never won the flagship title, but these nobody's were. Not on my watch, so I went to the gym, I started training again, and then I got myself a new home here at FWO."

"So here I am, I am making it my personal goal to end the career of every wannabe, no talent wrestler that gets in this ring with me, and I will be the FWO World Heavyweight Champion. There will be blood my friends, there will be broken bones, there will be barbed wire and steel chairs, because Connoly is back, and he's missed the pain filled screams of his opponents. They've called me ruthless, heartless, insane, a monster, well you ain't seen nothing yet."

Connoly drops the mic and exits the ring as the crowd erupts into a mix of boo's and cheers.

Connoly

View user profile

Back to top Go down